Makeup collections and beauty hauls aside, one of the things I really enjoy reading on other beauty blogs is blogger tag posts. I was recently tagged to complete this really fun Beauty Blogger Tag by my close friend over at Glossed Beauty! (She has a great blog that you should all totally check out ASAP!) This is my first time completing a tag, and I'm excited for you to get to know a little more about me, the blogger behind Simply Blushed.
So, without further ado, here are my answers!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
- Naturally, my hair is a wavy, tangled mess. It isn't quite curly though, and if I wanted to have perfect curls or perfect straight hair, the curling iron and straightener become my best friends to do the trick!2. What is your natural hair colour?
- My hair has various lighter and darker shades of Brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
- I am fortunate enough to have a sister who decided to become a hair dresser for a living, so I get anything hair related done by her at a very discounted price :).
4. How often do you wash your hair?
- I absolutely have to wash my hair every day (except for days where I have a bad cold and just stay in bed all day). I know washing my hair daily isn't very good, and it is a habit I'd like to work on breaking soon.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
- I usually stick with the same style from day-to-day except for weekends or when I'm going for a night out.
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
- I leave the mani/pedi to the professionals, and visit the salon when I feel the need to treat myself!
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
- With school and work, it's difficult to find the time to put on nail polish, but when I do, I usually stick to similar designs while changing colors once a week.
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
- I only polish my toes in the summer since I'm always in flip flops or sandals.
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
- The fastest that I've ever put makeup on is 8 minutes (including mineral foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer, mascara, lipstick, eyeliner). When I'm going out or want to do my entire makeup routine (adding face primer, liquid foundation, highlighter, gel liner, more detailed contouring, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, filling brows, setting makeup in addition to the other steps I mentioned for my 8 minute routine) it can take anywhere between 25 and 35 minutes.
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
- I always start with my face and leave the eyes as the last step in my makeup routine.
11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
- I have to say it's a little bit of both for me, but more leaning towards collecting makeup. There are so many products out there that I want to try. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect mascara and have yet to find it, although there are a few brands that come close. I do buy makeup when I need it like when I run out of liquid foundation and concealer, but as you may have seen in my collection posts, I own more than enough of the other categories to last for years. In all fairness, I am working to reduce my collection before going out to buy more.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
- I've tried Sephora and E.L.F. lashes, and failed miserably at putting them on each time. I'll have to practice before I decide to walk out in public with false eyelashes.
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
- 5 days out of the week I will, unless I'm just staying at home with nothing to do. I do a full face makeup routine for school, work, shopping, and going out.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
- When I'm at home, I don't tend to wear makeup unless I'm expecting someone else to come over that isn't family.
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
- Very rarely; even if I'm in a rush, I'll find some way to put on some makeup.
16. How many high end products do you have?
- I'd have to say that my collection is pretty 50:50 at the moment with high end and drugstore makeup brands. I have grown fond of collecting and trying out more higher end products, but nothing beats the price of drugstore brands!
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
- I usually wash my makeup brushes once a week since I use a different brush for every product that I use. I do, however, wash my BeautyBlender daily.
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
- I don't bother planning my OOTD beforehand, because when I wake up the next day, I'd always change my mind. I just decide my outfit when I'm getting dressed, and often change pieces 3-4 times before finalizing my outfit.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
- I change my handbag depending on the outing, or how I feel. It can be daily, weekly, monthly, or seasonally. I did have an addition to bags when I was younger, but now I don't mind having a few pieces.
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
- I usually go to sleep around midnight, unless I'm reading a really good book that I want to finish and end up staying up until 3am. Depending on what time I work or go to school the next day, I can wake up anywhere between 5 and 11 am.
21. How often & when do you workout?
- I'm aiming to work out 3 times a week, but at the moment, my average is only 2.
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
- I'm right-handed when I write, left-handed when I eat lol.
23. How tall are you?
- Last time I measured, I was 5.6'
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
- I can speak French, Italian, some Spanish (since it is very similar to French and Italian), and I am currently learning Greek.
25. How many pets do you have?
- I'm a huge animal lover, however, I don't own any pets at the moment, *siff*.
26. How often are you on Blogger?
- I'm on Blogger daily, either commenting on other bloggers' posts, or planning my next one.
27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
- I do read other comments on posts when I'm about to post mine. I always enjoy knowing other people's opinions of the posts I read, and I also find other blogs that way.
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
- I do keep a notepad nearby for when I see products on other posts that I'd be interested in trying out. I also list the price near the listed item so that I can budget wisely.
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
- I'm a total blush addict and that was my main inspiration for my blog name.
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
- At the moment, I'm using my Canon PowerShot SD890 IS, however, I'm looking into buying a better quality camera.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
- I currently still live with my parents, so the only rooms that I clean daily are my bedroom and my computer room. I do help out around the house weekly.
32. What is your favorite colour?
- My favorite color is baby purple.
33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
- I don't really have a favorite beauty/fashion magazine at the moment. Are there any recommendations?
34. Do you swear?
- I try not to, but I swear more often than I'd like to.
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
- I'm working on setting up other posts and I'm going to study for my accounting university classes.
I hope you all enjoyed getting to learn a little more about me!
I'm tagging the following Beauty Bloggers in this one:
Cindy @ Cindy's Love of Books
Please let me know if you'd also like to be tagged :).
Thanks for stopping by!